I’ve got mixed feelings about these particular book-to-movie adaptations. They’re impossible to rate, so these books-to-movies are in no special order. Just listed as they come to mind.
- The Notebook, Nicholas Sparks (1996/2004)
Blue Smoke, Nora Roberts (2005/tv 2007)
- Harry Potter and the Sorcerer’s Stone, JK Rowling (1998/2001)*
- Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets, JK Rowling (1999/2002)*
- Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows, JK Rowling (2007/2010)*
- The Great Gatsby, F. Scott Fitzgerald (1925/2013)
-(Book was terrible. Movie was great.)
*Although I do enjoy all the Harry Potter movies, most of them don’t do the books justice. I suppose I consider them separate entities, if you will. The movies listed here are ones I think with directors who did their best to keep to the storyline and leave out as little as possible from the books.
Your thoughts? I’m curious as to what fellow readers dig, so feel free to share some of your favorite book-to-movie adaptations here, too!